Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Repro floor mats

(@mrsponz)
Reputable Member

Very interesting. I sent Twosrus email asking them if they would be interested in coming up with some MR2 Spyder floor mats for us. WITH THE MR2 SPYDER script. he responded within 30 minutes - wow. David said sure - another wow! Anyone here dealt with them before? Anyone interested? No group-buy or minimum required. All he needs is a set of floor mats to send off to his manufacturer to be copied. Any one here have an old ugly, full of holes, set of floor mats David could borrow.

I have not yet posted this on the chat page pending the response here.

Topic starter Posted : July 17, 2019 5:11 pm
(@not-2-old-for-2-seater)
Estimable Member

I am pretty sure I threw my old ones out  --- they were worn out --- but I will look to see if they got shoved into a corner of my basement auto parts storage area.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 17, 2019 5:24 pm
(@mrsponz)
Reputable Member

Ok. Never mind the loaners. David has his own and will see what he can do. - Wow, after all these years - maybe oem "style" scripted floor mats.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 17, 2019 5:28 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

David Hawkins is a stand up guy. It was because of his efforts we have some hard to find parts and he was able to get Superpro to research the full set of poly bushings for our car.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 17, 2019 5:48 pm
phats
(@phats)
Reputable Member

It doesn't hurt to ask but I wouldn't hold my breath . I think it will have something to do with you have to embroider before you attach the rubber back . I don't think many can do this ..... but I hope he can !!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 17, 2019 6:09 pm
DesertWanderer
(@desertwanderer)
Honorable Member

I am in for two sets when and if.

2007 S2000 (New Formula Red)
2005 Spyders (Two in Paradise Blue Metallic, One Super White)
2004 Tundra SR5 Double Cab (White with 2UZ-FE Engine)
2003 Tundra SR5 Access Cab (Silver Stepside with 2UZ-FE Engine)
2003 Sequoia SR5 (Black with 2UZ-FE Engine)
1970 Olds 442 W30 (Nugget Gold )

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 17, 2019 7:16 pm
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

Agreed.  This would be an awesome thing to have access to.  Thanks for researching.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 17, 2019 10:19 pm
(@mrsponz)
Reputable Member

Well, I am pretty much just a lurker both here and and the other chat page so I am just trying to help out. I have another feeler going out for mats

logo

with the logo stitched on it. Maybe the size of a volleyball. Probable in light grey or red.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 18, 2019 12:26 am
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

TRU/David are good people. Lots of needed parts, not lemming/bling crap. I needed the clip that holds the hood/frunk-lid rod...ordered it and had it a couple of days later.

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 18, 2019 1:51 pm
phats
(@phats)
Reputable Member

So anymore news ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 31, 2019 1:02 pm
(@mrsponz)
Reputable Member

No. Not yet. I did not want to rush him. I was going to give him 3 weeks that contact him again.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 31, 2019 3:24 pm
phats
(@phats)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @mrsponz

No. Not yet. I did not want to rush him. I was going to give him 3 weeks that contact him again.

So anymore news ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 10, 2019 10:04 pm
(@mrsponz)
Reputable Member

@phats - When I spoke to him last month (8/21) he had forgotten about it. So with my reminder he said he would be working on it.

In the meantime I have been in communication with Toyota USA. It does not appear that they would object to personal (non-commercial) floor mat embroidery. Now we just need to convince the various floor mat companies of that.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 11, 2019 12:13 am
Refirendum
(@refirendum)
Trusted Member

Any updates on this?
While I'd personally like "MR-S" in the floormats, I can get on board with new "MR2 Spyder" script font embroidered floor mats.

03 spyder

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 2, 2019 9:41 pm
(@mrsponz)
Reputable Member

@refirendum - He has be gone till this week. So I will email him again and get an update. I have a bad feeling that he is not that interested, but I am holding hope. I don't think he is making too much money off of us MR2 Spyder folks.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 3, 2019 1:08 am
Share: