Notifications
Clear all

Headunit Replacement

Page 2 / 2
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Can anyone guess what makes this car play unit different than all the rest. 

g105KWV950B F

I feel like some engineers are sneaking in features that matter to me. This shouldn't exist but it does.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 2, 2019 10:32 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I did a good amount of research. It would appear that its possible that most of these car play are similar at its price points.  It wouldn't surprise me if they come from the same Chinese manufacturing plant like Foxconn or some other known Taiwanese house that manufactures similar guts to their specification and they will do the programing for the interface specific for each company including the features.  

Not all are the same but some appear to be the same in their respective price points.  

Out of all of them only the Kenwood and JVC should prove to be more audiophile like with 3 way speaker network , 5 volt preamp outputs, high resolution 24 bit Flac file compatibility and  more powerful DSP where it counts. Not always but usually the 5 volt preamp circuits are generally superior to the 4 volt preamps only because they generally have better components.  Im sure they all have tradeoffs but in my opinion after looking over the specs I believe the JVC KW-M855BW is probably the best one out of the group.  It also has bluetooth 5.0 where many of the other ones are lacking.   

This is the one I plan to get in February when the prices drop.  This will be a great replacement for my Alpine. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 2, 2019 6:16 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: