Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Dry Moly Lube

DesertWanderer
(@desertwanderer)
Honorable Member

Hello. A while back I asked a member I trusted (Dev) what I could lubricate my finally found TRD shifter with. The response of Dry Moly Lube worked BEAUTIFULLY. 

I am now in the process of replacing my seats in the Spyder with S2000 seats and I found another place that the moly lube works really well. The seats that I bought are beautiful but it look like someone tried to lube the seat rails with cosmoline. Really tough to slide the seat on that. I cleaned the rails up with kerosene (no flames for me please) and then used the dry moly lube. It felt almost frictionless. I did the same thing on the seat rails in my S2000 and using the same effort that I used to move the seat forward prior to the moly lube it felt like I would go through the windshield.

Good stuff! Just letting you know it worked for me. 

Dry Moly Lube

2007 S2000 (New Formula Red)
2005 Spyders (Two in Paradise Blue Metallic, One Super White)
2004 Tundra SR5 Double Cab (White with 2UZ-FE Engine)
2003 Tundra SR5 Access Cab (Silver Stepside with 2UZ-FE Engine)
2003 Sequoia SR5 (Black with 2UZ-FE Engine)
1970 Olds 442 W30 (Nugget Gold )

Topic starter Posted : July 2, 2019 3:54 am
LordTakuban and CSPIDY reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I have restored a few old rifles and getting the cosmoline  out is a real pain. 

Dry moly or even the paste is a fantastic lubricant and its probably what is keeping my kevlar clutch working as it should where others have failed.  Glad it worked out and the S2k seats is one of the better things I have done to my car.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 2, 2019 10:17 am
SW-Indy
(@sw-indy)

A dry lubricant option was in my thoughts while reading Cyclehead’s post concerning the repair of the binding emergency brake cables.

Paul worked much harder and longer than I would persist.  My thoughts were if this dry moly spray or old fashion graphite might have improved the functionality without the radical modification.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 2, 2019 10:24 pm
Share: