Notifications
Clear all

Keyless Entry system (Viper 211HV) for MY2000

Page 2 / 3
(@hello)
Reputable Member
Posted by: KaM
Posted by: hello

Ok got a closer look at ignition harness. The white/blue and white/red wires I want to cut are these?

12vb2

yes thats the right ignition harness... but you shouldn't be cutting anything.  if you tap there for 12v, make sure your wire to the alarm has an in line fuse... 

How do I tap there? And no, don't think my system has a fuse. It's just lock/unlock no alarm. I just want to wire lock/unlock/parking light.

Edit: wait, looks like the red wire going to battery positive does have a fuse.

This post was modified 5 years ago 2 times by hello
ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2019 2:44 pm
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b

This is the connector for the parking lights yes?

parking lights

And the wire to cut is the green one with the arrow yes? This is just one of the parking lights though. Can I just rig one of them or do I have to do both?

parking light zoom

The lock/unlock wires are the two blue/white yes?

lockunlock

it should be that green wire for parking lights... do you have a test light or meter?  you should be verifying your wires as you connect to ensure you don't blow anything... 

that blue harness should have a blue with a white stripe and a blue with a yellow stripe... those are the negative pulse wires for the locks... 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 6, 2019 2:45 pm
hello reacted
(@hello)
Reputable Member

I have a meter but I don't know how to use it lol. I am a total noob. Both wires in the blue harness looks blue/white to me but I guess one could be yellow. Either way those are the only 2 blue wires there so must be it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2019 2:49 pm
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b

Ok got a closer look at ignition harness. The white/blue and white/red wires I want to cut are these?

12vb2

yes thats the right ignition harness... but you shouldn't be cutting anything.  if you tap there for 12v, make sure your wire to the alarm has an in line fuse... 

How do I tap there? And no, don't think my system has a fuse. It's just lock/unlock no alarm. I just want to wire lock/unlock/parking light.

you can use t-taps in a pinch... they aren't the best connection but for low load you will be fine... 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 6, 2019 2:49 pm
hello reacted
(@hello)
Reputable Member

Ok I will have to get a t-tap but I still don't know which wire I am supposed to tap into.

edit: did you use t-taps for yours or solder? Everything I read said to use solder.

This post was modified 5 years ago by hello
ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2019 2:53 pm
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b

I have a meter but I don't know how to use it lol. I am a total noob. Both wires in the blue harness looks blue/white to me but I guess one could be yellow. Either way those are the only 2 blue wires there so must be it.

ok so to test the lock and unlock... the way you do it is set the meter to DC...

then put the red probe to 12v+... you can connect at the battery terminal or at the ignition harness since it's right there... then you will take the black probe on the meter and put it on the blue/white wire... the meter should read 0.00 or close to zero... hit the unlock button on the dash... if the meter jumps to 12v, that confirms that is the unlock wire... if nothing happens hit the lock button, the meter should then jump to 12v confirming that is the lock wire.... make sense?  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 6, 2019 2:54 pm
hello reacted
(@hello)
Reputable Member

ok so to test the lock and unlock... the way you do it is set the meter to DC...

then put the red probe to 12v+... you can connect at the battery terminal or at the ignition harness since it's right there... then you will take the black probe on the meter and put it on the blue/white wire... the meter should read 0.00 or close to zero... hit the unlock button on the dash... if the meter jumps to 12v, that confirms that is the unlock wire... if nothing happens hit the lock button, the meter should then jump to 12v confirming that is the lock wire.... make sense?  

Oh I have to hook up my car battery for this yes? Going to try now... brb

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2019 2:56 pm
(@hello)
Reputable Member

Meter reads 0

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2019 3:04 pm
(@hello)
Reputable Member

I can get the top wire to read 12v, 0v for bottom

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2019 3:18 pm
(@hello)
Reputable Member

Nevermind, I can get 12v from both wires but I don't have to press lock/unlock button on dash.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2019 3:26 pm
(@hello)
Reputable Member

Welp, I can get it to lock but not unlock. What am I doing wrong?

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2019 4:43 pm
(@hello)
Reputable Member

Welp, now I can't get it to lock either. The lights flash properly though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2019 5:16 pm
(@hello)
Reputable Member

Welp, I can get it to lock but not unlock. What am I doing wrong?

Apparently "The power door unlock wire requires a double pulse to unlock the doors". What does that mean?

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2019 5:20 pm
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b

any luck on your install?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 15, 2019 11:38 am
hello reacted
(@hello)
Reputable Member

Yes! Everything works now if a bit quirky. I need two presses to unlock but I can live with that. Thanks for following up. I really appreciate your guidance.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 15, 2019 9:00 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: