Notifications
Clear all

Keyless Entry system (Viper 211HV) for MY2000

Page 1 / 3
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b

for those of us with MY 2000 cars, keyless entry was not standard.  many members including MikeV and rpaltman tried purchasing the OEM keyless units from later years and retrofitting them in, but the wiring is different.  as a result, aside from a full blown alarm, you can install an aftermarket keyless entry system like the Viper 211HV.

Here are the wire diagrams:

This topic was modified 5 years ago 2 times by KaM
Topic starter Posted : June 19, 2019 10:28 am
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b

if you use the Viper 211HV system, here is how the wires should be connected

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 19, 2019 10:30 am
WilcoMR-S reacted
(@hello)
Reputable Member

I literally just got this today https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HB5M5R2/ Looking forward to installing it, failing and getting Dev to do it lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 19, 2019 10:16 pm
Patrick Lipp reacted
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b

if you need help with wires, let me know... 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 20, 2019 9:48 am
hello reacted
(@hello)
Reputable Member

Can you please blow up the pictures and remove the watermark? Bout to attempt this. Wish me luck.

Let me see if I got this right?

I hook up the brown wires to the parking lights.

Black to ground.

Red to constant. What did you use for constant?

White to lock.

Yellow to constant.

White/Black to unlock.

Yellow/Black to constant.

wiring1
wiring2
This post was modified 5 years ago 4 times by hello
ReplyQuote
Posted : July 5, 2019 2:01 pm
(@hello)
Reputable Member

I am guessing this is the connector where you used for 12v? Question is which wire did you use?

12v
ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2019 11:48 am
(@hello)
Reputable Member

I have no idea what I am looking at here

uh
ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2019 11:51 am
(@hello)
Reputable Member

This is the connector for the parking lights yes?

parking lights

And the wire to cut is the green one with the arrow yes? This is just one of the parking lights though. Can I just rig one of them or do I have to do both?

parking light zoom

The lock/unlock wires are the two blue/white yes?

lockunlock
This post was modified 5 years ago 4 times by hello
ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2019 12:01 pm
(@hello)
Reputable Member

I feel like I am documenting everything for the next person who buys a 2000. Literally step by step with allllllll the picturesssssss.

Edit: paying someone $300 to do this job isn't actually bad. I am out in 90 degrees, taking apart the car, breaking my back contorting in weird positions and I haven't even started lol.

This post was modified 5 years ago by hello
ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2019 12:20 pm
(@hello)
Reputable Member

Ok got a closer look at ignition harness. The white/blue and white/red wires I want to cut are these?

12vb2
ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2019 2:32 pm
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b

which model did you get?  let's start with that... 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 6, 2019 2:33 pm
hello reacted
(@hello)
Reputable Member

You mean keyless entry? This one https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HB5M5R2/ I posted its instructions here https://www.mr2-spyder.com/community/diy-how-to/diy-viper-211hv-keyless-entry-system/#post-1304

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2019 2:36 pm
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b

the website is working a little slow for me at the moment... 

so you need to follow the locking diagram for a negative trigger... most japanese cars use (-) trigger... 

i use constant 12+ from the ignition harness... if you drop the cover it should be that harness that plugs into the ignition harness... unless you are installing a kill switch, you shouldn't be cutting anything... just tap into the wires for signals... 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 6, 2019 2:40 pm
hello reacted
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b
Posted by: hello

Ok got a closer look at ignition harness. The white/blue and white/red wires I want to cut are these?

12vb2

yes thats the right ignition harness... but you shouldn't be cutting anything.  if you tap there for 12v, make sure your wire to the alarm has an in line fuse... 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 6, 2019 2:42 pm
hello reacted
(@hello)
Reputable Member

I am a wire noob. What does negative trigger mean? There are two connectors in my picture. Big one and small one. I presume you mean the big one. How would I wire the keyless system into it by not cutting wires? Don't I need to solder them together?

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2019 2:43 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: