Wanted 03-05 MR2 Sp...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wanted 03-05 MR2 Spyder, w/ Clean Engine Swap

Page 2 / 2
(@lokixsun)

@t-bone  Let me know if you are truly interested in selling.  I am not one to offer more than asking price, but if you're soul needs a bit more encouragement, you are welcome to increase the asking price as you feel comfortable with.  Haha.  (I did notice you already upped it from $9k 😛 , but also realize you were just trying to feed a troll that I believe copied your name from spyderchat .)

Either way, I am now jacking this thread.  Any other good spyders around?  Preferably in the Boston/New England area.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 18, 2021 9:38 pm
(@lokixsun)

OOoo... Found this bad boy:

2001 Toyota MRS 2zz & 6-speed swapped
190k+ on the body . 80k on engine and 6-speed transmission, which i pulled from the doner car (05 pontiac vibe gt) personally .
note..I did not put the milage on the add ..FB did .just to clarify.
Swapped on the 1zz oil pan and fuel rail while the engine was out and installed a new clutch kit.
A Factory Toyota shift selector conversion shaft/mechanism was purchased from Toyota, and the rest of the linkage conversion ,and reverse lockout modifications were done by myself, and i can honestly say it all works as it should. The reverse selector/lock out works perfectly.the transmission has no grinds ,no pop outs, no issues whatsoever.
A custom bridge mount was made for the passenger side engine mount.again no issues there
On the wireing side of things I converted to a 1 wire knock sensor , which allowed for running the engine on an 01 "last revision " usdm celica gts ecm .That allows for VVTL-i engagement at 6200rpms and the redline is moved up to 8300rpms..which makes for a nice little power bump. And all the VVTL-I noise your ears can handle.
New brakes were installed all around
Cobb intake/maff housing
Custom "ppe style" 4-1 header and 2.5 in exhaust system. The car still has the Factory muffler which may be robbing a few hp but , i consider it a fair trade off, as the noise levels are very livable..car sounds completely stock...well , below 6200rpms it does . LOL!!. I'll leave it to the new owner to install an actual ppe header and whatever muffler they can tolerate.
I dynod the car for a baseline after the swap and it made 151whp. That calculates to about 180hp at the flywheel ,which is spot on with what the factory rating on the 2zz-ge is.so the engine is definitely very healthy. And 150whp may not seem like much..but, in a car that is just a little over 2k lbs Thats plenty , and this thing is surprisingly quick.
The top was replaced with an oem Factory cloth top..not some cheap vinyl aftermarket replacement, and it is in perfect condition.
New windshield installed last year.
The radio is a newer scion head unit.
Seats are 2015 Brz leather and Alcantara buckets ,mounted on custom rails.
Front strut bar and a couple no name under body braces installed..nothing fancy but they get the job done.
The car has a replica trd 2000gt body kit that could use some fine tuning.
Recently added smoked supra front marker lights, a rear duckbill spoiler, and a vis carbon hood, but the clear coat on the hood is trashed ,and there are a coupe rubbed through spots. It looks good in pics, but rough in person..I am working on getting it re-cleared ,but no promises on the end results.
Car will come with a few extra sets of oem wheels.some painted ,and one 100% original set.The stock hood ,that was painted flat black (see pics),a spare rear bumper (oem black),spare tail lights,an engine lid (oem black), which will allow you to just swap this one on, if you don't care for the duckbill spoiler currently on the car, instead of dealing with patching mounting holes an all that.There's also a spare center console somewhere and some odds and ends im sure I'm forgetting.
And no. I am not interested in selling anything separately..everything goes w/ the car as a PACKAGE DEAL ONLY. Car has newer shocks but i may go to coilovers soon .which will in turn bump my asking price. so ill most likely hold off on that and see how this goes first.
Now for the bad.. The car has some purely cosmetic flaws that show its age/ milage. It could use a paintjob ,some fine tuning on the body kit ,and maybe a pair of headlights as the ones currently on the car are fogged, they work fine just look fogged..and that's about it .
Mechanically the car needs nothing.it recently passed CT emissions. No issues, no check engine lights .This car is a blast to drive and i wouldn't hesitate to get in it and drive it anywhere. I don't care about the cosmetics much ,obviously lol.all i really care about is joy and excitement of ripping this little go-kart around.and let me tell you. VVTL-i engaged in any gear will put a smile on your face every time.
PRICE IS FIRM $8000

Reaching out, now.

T-Bone, you may not need to do any soul searching yet.  -- I will note: I would much rather have yours than this one, but this is closer ...

Any thoughts on this ad?  Any questions I should ask now or things I should look for when I physically inspect?

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 18, 2021 11:48 pm
T-bone reacted
T-bone
(@t-bone)
Prominent Member

@lokixsun

looks like a solid car good luck 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 19, 2021 11:14 am
lokixsun reacted
(@randman2011)
Eminent Member

@t-bone I hate to bring up this thread but I can't send you a message directly. Are you still thinking about selling your car?

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 16, 2021 10:23 am
T-bone
(@t-bone)
Prominent Member
Posted by: @randman2011

@t-bone I hate to bring up this thread but I can't send you a message directly. Are you still thinking about selling your car?

I think for the right price I would let it go. What that is I have to think on. Did not drive it much this year but it is a single owner 2004 in pretty good shape, new tires and some tasteful modifications. Not really suitable for an engine swap should be enjoyed for what it is a great car.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 16, 2021 1:53 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

@randman2011 

Did you check out the Spyder I told you about?

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 21, 2021 9:34 pm
(@randman2011)
Eminent Member

@galo No, I actually found one within walking distance of my house with a 5 speed and did a test drive in that one yesterday. I came back with such a big smile on my face that I'm considering buying it. It's a 2003 so missing the safety updates for 04+ but the price is right at $6,000. Needs some aesthetic work and a new top, but it's the blue that I like and has cloth seats. I'll post more about it in my introduction thread so I can stop bumping this one from beyond the grave.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 30, 2021 9:59 am
Uncle Mush reacted
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Cool! Keep us posted!

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 30, 2021 8:44 pm
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

That seems like a decent price for the car and you can always fix up the appearance stuff.

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 2, 2021 9:48 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: