Share:
Notifications
Clear all

K20 swap w/ Hardtop in FL

cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

https://www.ebay.com/itm/273886919964

WHY do I look at these things??  This one looks interesting.

This topic was modified 5 years ago by cyclehead

I make Amateur Armrests - see the Commercial Forum. I also have SMT repair seals available.

Topic starter Posted : June 19, 2019 5:50 pm
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b

looking to add another toy to the fleet? 

moving anything spyder related to the other subforum since someone might be in the market? 

This post was modified 5 years ago by KaM
ReplyQuote
Posted : June 19, 2019 5:53 pm
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

It would replace my SMT.  

I hate ebay bidding.  It's currently at $10 and reserve not met.  I've never bought a car on e-bay.  Suppose he'd cough up his reserve price?

I make Amateur Armrests - see the Commercial Forum. I also have SMT repair seals available.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 19, 2019 6:13 pm
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b

i wonder what caused the salvage... the front looks pretty good... and i guess that would be good candidate for k swap... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 19, 2019 9:18 pm
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

Owner replied with receipts from MWR.   Just over $10,000 for the K20 swap!!  Yikes that's pricy.  Plus they stuck in an "autometer" temp gauge, because they didn't want to figure out the BEAN network problem.  For $10k I think I'd be disappointed.   I'm trying to decide if I like baby blue.   Plus guess what his reserve price is.

Anyone too offended if I post his receipts?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 19, 2019 11:38 pm
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b
Posted by: cyclehead

Owner replied with receipts from MWR.   Just over $10,000 for the K20 swap!!  Yikes that's pricy.  Plus they stuck in an "autometer" temp gauge, because they didn't want to figure out the BEAN network problem.  For $10k I think I'd be disappointed.   I'm trying to decide if I like baby blue.   Plus guess what his reserve price is.

Anyone too offended if I post his receipts?

is 12 the reserve?  

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 20, 2019 9:40 am
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

Anyone’s guess.   I’m trying to get lots of questions answered.  I’m not even sure if the ragtop is intact.

What’s your speculation on what it’s worth?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 20, 2019 9:47 am
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b

so we have a member here in NYC that did the k-swap, and i met Eric when he came up to bear mountain last year... when i asked what they had into it, they said in or around $10k for the swap alone... so it makes sense if that is what MWR is charging... does it also have the LSD 6spd from the type S in it??? if no LSD, probably 7500-8k for the swap... 

the only reason i said $12k is because you figure with the swap at $10k and the hardtop at $2k, you basically break even buying the car even if you have to replace the softtop or whatever... if i'm not mistaken, all paradise blues were also SMTs in 03+... personally i love the color, but the salvage title is a deal breaker for me in a sense that i'm not sure how to insure it... i would have rather a clean title car with a ton of mileage on the chasis that has been swapped, or even accidents... unless i plan on keeping it forever and could have it insured in case something happens, you aren't in the hole for the swap at a minimum... 

This post was modified 5 years ago 2 times by KaM
ReplyQuote
Posted : June 20, 2019 10:01 am
Erdoc48
(@erdoc48)
Estimable Member

As a salvage car, he really can’t expect to get what he put into it, so might be a better idea to hold onto it. Aren’t salvage cars difficult to register and insure depending on what state you’re in? I’d hate to buy it and then realize I can’t get it insured or registered and have to re-sell it. I wonder since it’s in Florida it’s a flood car.

I also looked on ebay at the 10,000 mile 2001 for sale for $15K+. For that one, I guess the only thing that might concern me is if all the fluids are original as that would make them all now 18+ years old.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2019 11:17 am
DesertWanderer
(@desertwanderer)
Honorable Member

Hey guys! I have two 2005's, one Paradise Blue and neither is SMT.

At least for me the Paradise Blue had to "grow on me". In December 2017 I had never driven a Spyder, saw the Paradise Blue one, 40K miles on it, about 300 miles from me. This was on a Friday. I said to myself  "Who would drive a car that looks like that?" It was the color I was balking at. By the following Monday I had answered my question. The Paradise Blue looked good in my garage and still does. It now has a Silver hardtop.

Take Care! I am looking for another Spyder "just in case".

2007 S2000 (New Formula Red)
2005 Spyders (Two in Paradise Blue Metallic, One Super White)
2004 Tundra SR5 Double Cab (White with 2UZ-FE Engine)
2003 Tundra SR5 Access Cab (Silver Stepside with 2UZ-FE Engine)
2003 Sequoia SR5 (Black with 2UZ-FE Engine)
1970 Olds 442 W30 (Nugget Gold )

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2019 3:35 pm
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

I’m still considering this K20 swap.  I found the carfax record that generated the salvage title.  An accident in “Bucks County Pa”.

I have the “case number”, but I’m hitting a wall trying to get a copy of the report - or (hopefully) a picture of the pre-repair damage.  

The case number sequence doesn't match the state police report numbering sequence.  The Sheriff of Bucks County says they don’t write police reports.  So now I”m down to calling city-by-city trying to find the source of this report.   Got any ideas??

Accident:

7-26-16

Case Number 2016-07-6995

Bucks County Pa

This post was modified 5 years ago 4 times by cyclehead

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 25, 2019 5:13 pm
Share: