FS: 2003 MR2 Spyder...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

FS: 2003 MR2 Spyder with MWR Turbo and other goodies in New Jersey, 19k miles, $20,000

turbokart
(@turbokart)

Hello all,

I have enjoyed this community and this car for many years, but it's time to let it go.  I'm getting too old to enjoy it.  🙂

I'm selling my rocket ship and offering it here before I put it on eBay.

I pasted all the specs below, but I'll add some more details:

Car is still very new, with approx 19,200 miles.  Yes there are some minor chips in the paint here and there but the car looks fantastic.  It has been garaged its whole damned life.  The top is original and looks new.  No rips, tears, holes, or leaks.  This car has no problems or drama.

I am the third owner.  I have chatted with the original owner a few times; he's the one who turned this fun little car into a rocket ship, via his friend at Four Ring Performance (an Audi shop, removed link ).  I have all the receipts.

I have never dyno'd the car or taken it to a drag strip; I wanted to but just never found the time.  Based on other ridiculously fast cars I have owned, I estimate this one at 280-300 hp, and 0-60 in 4 seconds or less.

The car is registered in New Jersey as a collector car, based on the low number of white/tan models produced in 2003.

I'm asking $20k but will entertain other offers.

I uploaded photos to my profile here years ago, but it looks like those may be gone, so I'll get some newer pics posted in the coming days.

-----------------
- CAR SPECS -
-----------------

2003 Super White (040)

Mechanical mods

[*] MWR Turbo - GT28RS
[*] Apexi PFC with MWR Turbo map
[*] MWR 255lph fuel pump
[*] MWR 630cc injectors w/ MWR injector connector set (no spliced wires)
[*] MWR forged steel ultralight flywheel
[*] Moroso aluminum oil pan
[*] TRD 170F thermostat
[*] ACT-HDSS Clutch
[*] Auto Meter Phantom AF wideband (#5778)
[*] OBX Helical LSD (LSD10525)
[*] Corky's Breastplate
[*] Slotted and cross-drilled rotors

Appearance mods

[*] Custom snapped tonneau cover
[*] Keyhole covers (vm edition)
[*] Stainless steel sill plates with "MR2 Spyder" decals
[*] Supra clear side marker lights
[*] Spoiler
[*] 3-gauge pod on A-pillar
[*] Midship Runabout badges (steering wheel, hood)
[*] JVC radio

-Jay

Topic starter Posted : July 2, 2022 10:56 pm
dev and Uncle Mush reacted
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Ok, 10 months later...no updates, so, did the car sell, or...?

At the time, and until recently, I wasn't in the market, but now, the possibility is, uh, a possibility!

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 26, 2023 10:50 am
Share: