Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wheels

ISpy
 ISpy
(@ispy)
Estimable Member

Little mishap after a dump truck spilled grit on sweeping off ramp in the beautiful city of Newark. Go Spartacus!  

I am now ISO a replacement  Rimstock Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.4G 16x7 silver.  There are 4 left in the world in Great Britain.  So unless y’all no of a source, it looks like I gotta get some new (again) wheels.  Luckily there is no suspension damage, despite my initial concerns, so at least there’s that. Bear mountain is off the list this year.

Trying to find options. Suggestions welcome.  Wondering, will these fit without rubbing?

Fronts 16x6.5, +32 offset 
Rears 17x7.5, +37 offset

The fronts are narrower and the offset is greater (further from outside fender, right?) than the 1.4G which touched by about 1mm. The rears I dunno.

Po’d

Topic starter Posted : September 19, 2019 10:50 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I still love the look of my OZ Ultraleggera but I have been contemplating going back to 15" wheels If I could find a good set of used SSR comps. 

Sorry to hear about your mishap.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 20, 2019 10:32 am
ISpy
 ISpy
(@ispy)
Estimable Member

I love the Ultraleggera’s, particularly in gun metal on my silver 2. Less “pretty”. I am stuck on 2 things with the OZ Ultraleggera - rumor is it possibly is no longer in production, and cost. Would be easier if I had even finished paying for the repaint, and my Pro Race were new....grrr.

You staggering 16/17 right? I clearly am considering stagger but I am really tired of caveats to everything with this car.

My lesson, and I knew it going in, is discontinued wheels wreck too and Euro wheels are tough to replace.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 20, 2019 11:35 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Contact Triz for a picture of what they look like on a silver Spyder.  He bought the same wheels I did which are 16/17  and they look even better on his car than mine.  

There is something about the OZ design that the copies look for the most part identical but  cant seem to replicate. Almost a magical quality of how it looks at different angles on the car.   

The wheels are also durable as hell and the way it ties in the look of my Spyder almost seems like a factory car and not a fancy wheel car if you know what I mean.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 20, 2019 11:45 am
ISpy
 ISpy
(@ispy)
Estimable Member

@dev

I know exactly what you mean. I retract the silver on silver comment. Some of the gun metal look better. For these, looking at TireRip, these actually do look better in silver on silver.

Where to shop? 

Are they discontinued?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 20, 2019 12:11 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @ispy

@dev

I know exactly what you mean. I retract the silver on silver comment. Some of the gun metal look better. For these, looking at TireRip, these actually do look better in silver on silver.

Where to shop? 

Are they discontinued?

Tire rack still has them, I just checked. 

It looks like they only have them in 17s for the Silver however they have them for 15, 16 and 17 for the graphite which I think would look good also.  

Very classy on silver.  These are the kind of colors scheme you see on higher end cars where it is subtile but impactful.  

I have seen the graphite on a silver car that actually had 18/17 and thought it was too much size wise but it looked like one of those old time bicycles with the exaggerated wheels however the color matched well.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 20, 2019 1:16 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Here is another source. 

https://www.demon-tweeks.com/us/oz-racing-ultraleggera-alloy-wheels-in-chrystal-titanium-set-of-4-2000508/

It seems like you can only order a set of four but I think if you call them they might be able to mix and match. 

I think these retailers order them form a common warehouse and have them dropped shipped.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 20, 2019 1:23 pm
Share: