Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Replacement Steering wheel options

Page 2 / 2
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Just opened your link and lo and behold, that TRD wheel is the 2000's hub style. Never seen one like that before. So that WILL fit. Most are the 90's hub style.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 4, 2020 2:37 pm
DesertWanderer
(@desertwanderer)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @haloruler64

Just opened your link and lo and behold, that TRD wheel is the 2000's hub style. Never seen one like that before. So that WILL fit. Most are the 90's hub style.

Could you elaborate on how you opened the link? I have tried everything short of a blood sacrifice and have failed.

2007 S2000 (New Formula Red)
2005 Spyders (Two in Paradise Blue Metallic, One Super White)
2004 Tundra SR5 Double Cab (White with 2UZ-FE Engine)
2003 Tundra SR5 Access Cab (Silver Stepside with 2UZ-FE Engine)
2003 Sequoia SR5 (Black with 2UZ-FE Engine)
1970 Olds 442 W30 (Nugget Gold )

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 4, 2020 10:13 pm
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Snelbaard's link? I just clicked it haha.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 5, 2020 12:31 am
(@marsrock7)
Honorable Member

Posted by: @pattielipp

I am looking to replace the steering wheel on my car. It's currently an SMT wheel, and as soon as I bought the car the SMT was pulled. I'm looking for a wheel with a little bit more beef to it, so thicker, and also a slightly smaller diameter while maintaining an OEM aesthetic and airbags. Anything out there that will bolt on? I miss the feeling of my BMW steering wheel and would love something similar to that in the MR-S

So I've been passively on the hunt for the perfect OEM+ steering wheel as well and just stumbled on this:

https://www.reggiescustomwheels.com/en/57-mr2-3-gen

There are 5 listings but I think they're all the same wheel and vendor is just showing different options. Custom made to order and looks like quality work. 

Quite a price tag but the design very closely matches the DAMD wheel I have in my outback and it is priced similarly. Love the DAMD wheel, the tactile senses are pleased and the 17mm diameter reduction (to 358mm) is just the right amount for me. Only drawback I can think of on these custom MR2 wheels is the lack of diameter reduction. I would welcome shaving 10-20mm. May message the vendor and see if that is at all possible.

Edit: I did send vendor a message regarding the options and potential diameter reduction. Will update when I know more.

Edit 2: forgot to update... They refurbished OEM wheels, so no diameter reduction. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 16, 2022 3:40 pm
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

Sexy wheels!

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 19, 2022 5:38 pm
(@noisy)

Posted by: @pattielipp

I am looking to replace the steering wheel on my car. It's currently an SMT wheel, and as soon as I bought the car the SMT was pulled. I'm looking for a wheel with a little bit more beef to it, so thicker, and also a slightly smaller diameter while maintaining an OEM aesthetic and airbags. Anything out there that will bolt on? I miss the feeling of my BMW steering wheel and would love something similar to that in the MR-S

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 11, 2023 7:19 pm
(@noisy)

I just modified one to fit. I’ve got a vid about how I done it but can’t seem to share it on here?

youtube-update Toyota MR2 Spyder steering wheel

removed link

This post was modified 1 year ago 3 times by Noisy
ReplyQuote
Posted : February 11, 2023 7:20 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: