Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Rear Emblem placement and what Toyota has in their Microfiche

LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

While perusing through my scans of the Toyota Parts reference microfiche, I happened to notice that they show a different placement and emblems for the rear than what was on the car in the US.  Please take a gander at the below screenshot and see for yourselves...

Screenshot 2022 08 15 195340

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

Topic starter Posted : August 15, 2022 7:57 pm
dev and CSPIDY reacted
(@turbo_jimbo)
Estimable Member

That looks like the European placement to me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 16, 2022 1:35 pm
LordTakuban reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I have the Roadster badge on mine.  I felt it was more discrete than the Spyder one. 

I was called out for fun at a local meet by a mk2 enthusiast and I have to tell him that it was a legit badge. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 16, 2022 6:55 pm
LordTakuban reacted
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

Yeah.  I'm not sure why the European placement.  The parts set contains parts for both the power and standard radio antenna.  And AFAIK, everywhere else but the USA got the electric one for all models.  Oh well, If I notice any other goodies while looking for other parts, I'll post them in here as well.  haha.

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 17, 2022 1:53 pm
turbo_jimbo reacted
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)
Posted by: @lordtakuban

Yeah.  I'm not sure why the European placement.  The parts set contains parts for both the power and standard radio antenna.  And AFAIK, everywhere else but the USA got the electric one for all models.  Oh well, If I notice any other goodies while looking for other parts, I'll post them in here as well.  haha.

Thanks!  Makes for a fun read!

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 17, 2022 6:11 pm
Share: