Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Feel good ... stuff

Petrus
(@petrus)
Reputable Member

Basically at the end of the road modding the behaviour of my Spyder to my preferences without puting the proverbial horse behind the cart.

The feel good from driving the thing throug the mountains here is zero at the moment. Has been for six weeks and likely to be for two or so more. The feel good related to the car left is buying stuff. 

The quick disconnect on the battery does not count. That is a must I need, not something I wánt.

Already swapped out five silly bolts that only look better in the engine room. Not needed in ány way but feel good.

This morning pushed the buttons on two sets of seat belt savers; one Doraemon set and a Takata set.

Next is try get the local decal/wrap bloke, who is personal friend, to try brighten up the engine rom a bit more. Want him to do his thing with the bóóring black cover of the cam cover.

Still/again no affordable carbon bonnet/engine lid nor acryl windscreen so after vacuum cleaning the living space will ´need´ to think of some more car feelgood 🤣 

Topic starter Posted : April 20, 2020 7:35 am
marsrock7 and CSPIDY reacted
Petrus
(@petrus)
Reputable Member

Sent a confirmation to buy on

[img] ?impolicy=img_600_pwa[/img]

😎

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 20, 2020 10:18 am
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member

I tend to get more pleasure out of working on my car than driving it. I really love driving it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 20, 2020 7:18 pm
marsrock7 reacted
Petrus
(@petrus)
Reputable Member

For me it is driving. I don´t commute. It is all leisure/pleasure. ´Travelling´ between loves, enjoying the solo trip through the mountains. Taking the charming company out for the drive. Not quite routine but habitual top down out for breakfast; tostado con tomate y aceite con cappuccino. Either a chiringuito ón the beach of a venta up the road with a stunning mountain view. It´s a góód life and a MÍSS it 😰 

Mind; no reason to complain. Am on the farm with Mountain Girl and son so ´confinement´ is not the same as in a two high apartment in Málaga city. My son prepaired breakfast this morning. Espresso from the 50 y.o. steam machine, freshly pressed orange juice, toast with home made jam, even a multivitamin capsule. While we enjoyed the breakfast he fed the horses and let the dogs loose. Beyond weird; an 18 y.o. who has his living father as heroe role model 😍

Right, time to send Samu a message about his whereabouts so I can bother him about cheering up the engine bay.... 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 21, 2020 4:17 am
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

When necessary, I work on my cars, Spyder and G35...but, I much prefer driving them. I wish I had the $$$$'s to use my G35 to tow my Spyder TO the twisties, drive the Spyder, return to the G35 and return home. Til then, I'll just have to persevere, driving one or the other...it's so depressing... 😉 😉 

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 26, 2020 2:09 pm
Petrus
(@petrus)
Reputable Member

When I started out on wheels is was on an Brit street motorcycle and Italian competion ones.  The first needed about three hours of repair/maintenance for every hour of use. The latter basically only had problem with the Parilla switchgear that was too crap to repair and replacements needed devine luck to work.

I kept the Brit bike, a Norton, for decades but most definitely not for transport. Kept to Italian bikes for competition; but with either Bosch or Magneti Marelli 😎 

The Norton totally cured me from spannering as primairy task for transport. Hence my appreciation for Honda and  even more Toyota reliablity. It was a selling point for the MR2!!

Meanwhile it is stunningly beautiful over here. Not only nobody out in in the campo here for over 6 weeks but warm and rain ever other day; nature is exploding.
On the terrace, enjoying all this, after calls to Málaga girls, trying to enjoy a perfect coffee with four Frenchies enjoying my company.
Obviously also paid attention to [i]De Kikker[/i] who is looking rather sad: Although under a car port, weeks of wind and water have left a grubby coating and the cats walking all over have created a rather unique look.
Sadly none of the stuff has arrived yet :'( so I had no more to offer than empathy.

The situation indoors does not help. Since I am the semi-nomad most to all of the flexiblity in the convivencia needs come from my part. The initally over the moon welcome is moving from tolerated to nuisance. I feel like fish :-[
It´s my official address though so no legal excuse to go ánywhere :'(
ergo: [b]I NÉÉD TO BUY MYSELF SOMETHING FOR THE SPYDER!![/b]

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 27, 2020 8:57 am
Petrus
(@petrus)
Reputable Member

Found a possibly good replacement for the OEM intake horn.

A slightly funnel shaped, from 90 to 76 mm., silicon elbow and a bell mouth matching the entry.

I had already done the deduct earlier but as the TRD stubs are like hens teeth only improved the bell mouth of the OEM elbow somewhat. The horn goes down to 45mm though and that no doubt makes for highly effective intake noise muffling, it also múst impair flow.

Finger crossed the chosen set arrives soon and works.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 28, 2020 10:42 am
CSPIDY reacted
Share: