And I thought I had seen everything...

http://zero3nine.com/files/dospwn.gif

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 2, 2020 5:37 pm
RIA
 RIA
(@ria)
Estimable Member

I like it haha. There was some japanese guy who did something similar with mickey mouse. Saw it on the mighty car mods japan special.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 2, 2020 10:26 pm
(@marsrock7)
Honorable Member

In for future carbon build up pics

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 2, 2020 11:36 pm
Petrus
(@petrus)
Reputable Member

Took me quite a bit of time and perseverance to actually gét one here: Appearantly there are not too many car guys with a sense of humour about their car.

I think it is a humorous wink to all to not take it all too seriously, starting with myself 😎 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 3, 2020 4:28 am
pwnzor and CSPIDY reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I think most have a sense of humor by not taking the car or the owner seriously.  Its different strokes and its all about the kind of attention you seek of having others laugh with you or at you.  I remember one time I had to attend a professional certification coarse for 6 weeks in New Jersey and brought along the Spyder in its modified form. I felt out of place with a flamboyant car when I was leaving for the day and having those attending not taking me seriously like Im some kind of stupid boy ricer trash that didn't grow up. I should have just brought my Honda and become less of a distraction. Unfortunately stigmas are real thing even in the automotive world, it just depends on the company you are around.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 3, 2020 9:31 am
nocoolname reacted
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

I attended a professional training course in LA recently, and I got looks when I pulled up in my Spyder. But good looks, surprisingly. Just for what it's worth. 

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 3, 2020 5:40 pm
(@marsrock7)
Honorable Member

The first real hate I got for my car:

There is a small, upscale complex near the theatre I usually work at. One day I pulled up in the Spyder and parked near said complex. An elderly gentleman was walking down the sidewalk stopped and stared at me while I was getting out of the car. Generally when this happens I get positive feedback.... And I thought I was getting positive feedback from him as well when he said "So you're the guy with *that* exhaust." Misjudging, I chuckled... Then hear " we really don't appreciate it, you know. Mother's and children need to get their sleep around here."

Lol! Maybe they shouldn't choose to live next door to a performance arts center then!

I just told him "you should've heard it before I tried to quiet it down." And left. 

The real kicker is there is at least a dozen different vehicles in the area that are louder than mine. And if he thinks I'm too loud at 3k rpm, he best be glad he's never heard my car at 8k rpm...

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 4, 2020 1:42 am
pwnzor
(@pwnzor)
Reputable Member

I always get compliments on my car.  The closest thing to shade getting cast on it, is when some ignoramus says "nice Miata".

I like all small convertibles, it's sort of my thing.  I like having two seats, a steering wheel, a motor and four wheels... and not much else.  It's a raw driving experience which I greatly enjoy

http://zero3nine.com/files/dospwn.gif

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 5, 2020 2:05 am
(@marsrock7)
Honorable Member

My car isn't the best looking and is rarely clean, but with the exception of only a couple.... When ppl bother to say something about it it's positive. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 5, 2020 12:14 pm
Petrus
(@petrus)
Reputable Member

Anyway, the theme on my is clear for even the one-eyed; effing large naruto on either side, LeMans colour code strppes, definite (not too much) neg. camber, Intial-D rear wing, pokeball shifter, Doreamon saftey belt pads, tsurikawa and Hello Kitty tip on a no-silencer exhaust; Smíle!; it´s Toy 😎 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 5, 2020 2:32 pm
marsrock7 reacted
Share: